FINAL TRY-OUTS FOR DEBATERS

University Orators Defeat Syracuse on Question of Plumb Plan

Final try-outs for positions on the debating teams to meet Yale and Princeton in the Triangular Debate will be held in Sever 11 this afternoon and evening. Nine men, six speakers and three alternates will be chosen at that time.

By the unanimous decision of three judges the University won over Syracuse in a debate held under the auspices of the Syracuse Alumni of Albany in Chancellors' Hall of that city on Saturday evening. The subject--"Resolved, That the United States should adopt the Plumb Plan as embodied in the Sims Bill for the operation of the railroads, constitutionality granted"--is the same as that of the Bates contest of a week ago Monday.

The University speakers--J. J. Tutun '20, B. H. Kuhns '22, W. S. Holbrook, Jr., '21, and B. F. Jones '22, alternate--were successful in their stand for the affirmative. They showed how great a failure private ownership has been and advocated as a remedy the Plumb Plan, which, they argued, would provide unified control and would wholly eliminate the strike evil.