SELECT SIX HARVARD AIRMEN

MEN CHOSEN IN SPRING RECESS WILL RACE IN MEET THIS MAY.

During the Spring Recess the University Aeronautical Society will select the six men who are to represent the University in the Intercollegiate Air Race which will be held on May 7 and 8. Two planes are to be entered, so that there will be four regular pilots and two substitutes.

The trials will be held from the Curtiss field at Bedford. The machines will be Curtiss-Model JN 6. The only restrictions as to entries are that they must be regular pilots and must not be Freshmen or graduates. Colonel Drennan of the Northeastern Department will select the fliers who are to race.

As there are over 150 qualified pilots in the University, the competition for the six places will be extremely close. R. B. Varnum Unc., E. H. Kelton '20, T. G. Ames '20, and C. R. Steedman '20, are airmen who are expected to stand well in the competition. No officers of the Aeronautical Society will race.

The intercollegiate race, which is the first of its kind, will be over a course of 550 to 600 miles, beginning and ending at Mineola, and taking in Boston en route. The colleges which will enter two planes each are Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Columbia, Williams, and Cornell.

At the meeting of the Aeronautical Society last Thursday 25 new members were enrolled, making the membership of the club 150.