MR. VANDERLIP LECTURER IN BUSINESS SCHOOL NEXT YEAR

BEGINS WORK IN SEPTEMBER

Frank A. Vanderlip, former president of the National City Bank of New York, has accepted an appointment as Lecturer on Business Economics at the Graduate School of Business Administration. Mr. Vanderlip will serve from September 1, 1920, without stipend, will give miscellaneous lectures in various courses in the School, and will take charge of a group of lectures to be given to the second-year class during the second half-year on "The Beginner's Introduction to Business." He will also interest himself in the research problems of the Bureau of Business Research connected with the Business School.

Mr. Vanderlip has an international reputation as a banker and a business man. He was born at Aurora, Illinois, in 1964; studied at the University of Illinois and University of Chicago; began work as a reporter on the Chicago "Tribune"; served later as financial editor of the "Tribune", as associate editor of the "Economist", as private secretary to Secretary of the Treasury Gage, and finally, under President McKinley, as Assistant Secretary of the Treasury.

In Charge of War Savings Campaign.

From 1901 to 1909 he was vice-president of the National City Bank in New York, and from 1909 until within a few months he was president of the same concern. He is chairman of the Board of Directors of the American International Corporation and is a director of a number of other large corporations. During the war, Secretary McAdoo of the Treasury Department, placed him in charge of the war savings campaign. He has recently resigned from his place at the head of the National City Bank and has severed many of his business connections. He is the author of a number of books on business and economic subjects, and is an authority upon economic conditions in America and Europe.

Mr. Vanderlip has always been greatly interested in business education. While at the National City Bank he gave a large amount of his attention to the personal problems of the younger members of his staff as they began their business careers. He will interest himself particularly in this same subject while at Harvard, helping the individual to study the relation between his job and his career.