COLONEL ARTHUR WOODS WILL SPEAK IN UNION WEDNESDAY

GOVERNMENT 17 LECTURER

Colonel Arthur Woods '92, former New York, Police Commissioner and an Over seer of the University, will speak in the Living Room of the Union next Wednesday evening on "American Citizenship on Trial." He will be introduced by Professor W. B. Munro '99, professor of Municipal Government. Colonel Woods will be given a luncheon by the Signet Society at 1 o'clock on that date and in the evening the Governing Board of the Union will give a small supper in his honor at 6.30 o'clock, just preceding the speech.

Will Lecture in Government 17

Colonel Woods will speak to Professor Munro's class in Municipal Government, Government 17, in Harvard 5 tomorrow and Thursday at 12 o'clock. In the municipal government class, Col. Woods will hold conferences, rather than deliver lectures, on "Police Administration" and all members of the course will have an opportunity to ask questions.

This is the first of a series of special lectures in this course made possible by the terms of a fund created by Frank Graham Thomson '97. Other prominent men in the list are John R. Murphy, fire commissioner of Boston, whose subject will be "Municipal Fire Administration;" David Abram Ellis '94, former chairman of the Boston School Committee, on "School Administration;" and Lawson Purdy of New York, who will lecture on "Municipal Finance."