RED BOOK CANDIDATES OUT TONIGHT AT 7:15

M. DUANE EDITOR-IN-CHIEF

There will be a meeting of all candidates for the 1923 Red Book tonight at 7.15 in the Smith Halls Common Room. M. Duane, recently appointed editor-in chief of this year's book, will give an out-line of the plans of the book, as well as make and explanation of the nature of the competitions for the forty positions in the editorial, photographic, and art and cuts departments. The competition, which will start with tonight's meeting, is open to all members of the class. No experience is necessary to men competing, for the Red Book Board and all men who are doubtful about entering the competition are urged to come to the meeting tonight.

Four Competitions Require Different Work

The four competitions differ in length and in the nature of the work required for election to the board. The editorial competition will be conducted by J. G. Flint, and will last until the first week in April. The business competition will continue until April 26, the first Monday after the Easter vacation. The competition will be under the general direction of E. S. Webster, assisted by B. M. Baruch and F. G. Lee. The photographic competition under the direction of L. W. Rathbun will end April 16. Chairman R. Martin of the Art and Cuts Department announces that there will be no definite date set for the close of the competition for that department, but that election will be based largely upon the number and quality of the cuts and drawings accepted for publication.

The chairmen of the Red Book committees have made careful plans to produce a book of the same standard as the pre-war annuals. With the support of the class the board will be able to carry out its plans in spite of the tremendous increase in the cost of issuing the book.