START TRAINING TABLE FOR BALL PLAYERS NEXT MONDAY

TEAM A DEFEATS TEAM B

Beginning next Monday all the University ball players who are to go on the southern trip will take three meals a day at the training tables in the Varsity Club. It will be compulsory this year for the men to take all their luncheons and dinners and at least three breakfasts a week at the training tables. The list of men who are to be taken on the Southern trip will be announced at the end of the week as Coach Slattery and Captain R. W. Emmons, 3d, '20.

Yesterday, on a cold, wind-swept diamond, Team A out-tallied Team B 8 to 3 in a four inning game characterized by free slugging and loose handling of the ball. W. B. Felton, Occ. and E. S. Hardell '21. served on the mound for A and B respectively. Felton, although showing steaks of good pitching, for the most part kept the catcher busy reaching for his delivery. Hardell, who was reached for more hits, had consistently better control.

Team B Threatens in Second.

Team B threatened to walk away with the game when E. L. Bigelow '21 started a rally in the second inning by a neat single, and errors filled up the base. J. D. Murphy '22 then singled, sending Bigelow in; a sacrifice by Hardell and a single by R. B. Shaw '21 let in two more runs. With three men on bases Team B seemed due to win, but Felton solved the difficulty by retiring the next man, and in the second half of the inning, the first-string men recovered the lead with four runs.