APPLICATIONS FOR FISKE SCHOLARSHIP DUE TODAY

Foundation Established in Memory of Former Student Here Offered by Trinity College.

Today is the last day upon which applications for the Fiske Scholarship at Trinity College, Cambridge, England, will be accepted. All men who desire to offer themselves as candidates during the year 1920-21 must notify President Lowell in writing before 1 o'clock today.

The Fiske Scholarship was recently established by Charles Henry Fiske, Jr., '93, in memory of his son, Charles Henry Fiske, 3d, '19, who, before his entrance into Harvard was a student at Trinity College, and who was mortally wounded on August 12, 1918, near Fismes. The scholarship is offered by Trinity College to be tenable by an American student nominated by the President and Fellows of Harvard College.

The candidate nominated, according to the terms of the agreement between Harvard and Trinity, "must be at least qualified for admission to Harvard University." Any man who has passed his entrance examinations will therefore be eligible. The nomination has to be accompanied, together with evidence of character and attainments, by a statement of the courses of study which the candidate proposes to take. The tenure is for one year, with power to the council of Trinity College to renew it for a second or third year. The value of the scholarship is reckoned at about $400.