DONATES MONEY FOR SEAPLANE

GODFREY CABOT MAKES GIFT OF ENTIRE COST FOR NEW MACHINE.

Godfrey L. Cabot '82, President of the New England Aero Club yesterday presented the University Aeronautical Society with the price of the Aeromarine seaplane which they have just acquired from the Navy, The Aeronautical Society had already raised sufficient funds from its members to pay for the plane; the gift of Mr. Cabot will enable them to use this money for upkeep expenses. The plane is now at Gloucester, N. J., and will be shipped to arrive here the latter part of next week, when it will be set up at Marblehead by members of the Aeronautical Society.

The Aeronautical Society has decided to organize a squadron on plans similar to those used in the Navy. A chief pilot will be in charge of all flights and under him there will be several instructors. R. A. Griswold Occ. has been elected chief pilot; other pilots will be announced latter as well as the names of the two men who will be trained by the society to qualify as pilots this spring. Griswold was a lieutenant, junior grade, in the Navy during the war and was recommended for the Distinguished Service Cross for having bombed a submarine at Killingholm, England.