ARTHUR D, HILL, SHANNON POST SPEAKER WEDNESDAY

Former Law School Professor Held Rank of Lieutenant-Colonel in France.

Mr. Arthur D. Hill, LL.B. '94, former, professor in the Law School, will speak at the next meeting of the James A. Shannon Post of the American Legion, to be held in the Living Room of the Union, Wednesday evening at 8 o'clock. All members of the post, service men and all others who care to attend are invited.

Mr. Hill, who will speak on his experiences in France, gave a course in Evidence in the Law School in the year 1915-16. Appointed a professor in April, 1916, Mr. Hill served in this capacity until he went abroad in 1917. In France he was a major, later a lieutenant-colonel, attached to the Judge-Advocate's department of the Service of Supplies. He assisted in the organization of the Judge-Advocate's department in France and later was in charge of the settlement of claims against the United States Forces in Italy. On his return to America, after eighteen months' service overseas, Mr. Hill resigned his professorship in the Law School and has since been practising law in Boston.

On Wednesday the Shannon Post will establish headquarters in the basement of University Hall, in the R. O. T. C. quarters.