RE-ENACT RIDE OF WILLIAM DAWES ON PATRIOTS' DAY

Captain Hunneman Will Follow Course Taken by Paul Revere's Comrade.

Arrangements for a twentieth century reproduction of the ride of William Dawes, companion of Paul Revere, through Concord to Cambridge on April 19, 1775, have been completed by Mayor Peters' Patriots' Day Committee, with the co-operation of E. V. B. Parke '08, Secretary to the Mayor. Captain R. F. C. Goetz, with a party of men in the University R. O. T. C., will meet the horseman, Captain F. B. Hunneman of Lexington at the Larz Anderson Bridge after he has covered the ground of the famous patriot, on the anniversary of the event, Monday morning, April 19.

Although the "Ride of Paul Revere" has received more attention than that of his compatriot, it is merely because William Dawes, Jr., took a different route in warning the colonists on the same night; he galloped through what is now Roxbury, Brookline, and Cambridge to Concord, Captain Hunneman, dressed in the clothes of a miller, will start from North Square, Boston, at 9.15 o'clock Monday morning, will pass along Washington street, over the old "Boston Neck" and out to Roxbury. From there he will go through Brookline Village, to Harvard street, and straight past the Stadium to the Charles River.

At 11.30 o'clock he will be met by the troop of horsemen headed by Captain Goetz at the Larz Anderson Bridge, and will be escorted to the Sumner Statue near the Johnston Gate, where Mayor Quinn, of Cambridge, the University Band, and school children from this vicinity, will meet the party of horsemen. The chorus will welcome them with songs, after which the band will play at the ceremonies, to be presided over by Mayor Quinn. At 11.45 Captain Hunneman will ride on to Lexington.