CREWS RACE NAVY ON SEVERN COURSE TODAY

LOTHROP REPLACES DUNCAN

The crew races with Annapolis, which were to have been held Saturday afternoon, have been postponed until today, due to the high winds and rough water which have been prevailing on the Severn course. On Saturday the crews waited until 6.30 o'clock in the hope that they would be able to row at that time, but although they set out for the starting mark it was evident that they would be unable to row without danger of swamping before the end of the race. This afternoon, if conditions are favorable, the first and second University eights and the first Freshman crew will meet the corresponding Navy boats.

At the time that the crews left for Annapolis last Monday it was planned that S. A. Duncan '22 would row number 2 on crew A, but F. B. Lothrop '21 has been moved up to that position, where he had been substituting for Duncan a few days before the eights left. Duncan is now rowing 4 in the second shell. Excepting that one change, the lineups of the crews have remained the same as when they rowed in Cambridge last Monday. The seating of the first University eight which will race this afternoon is as follows:

University A--Stroke, Olmsted; 7 Damon; 6, Terry; 5, Sedgwick, 4; McCagg; 3, Burden; 2, Lothrop; bow, Davis; coxswain, Williams.