NINE OPPOSES BOWDOIN

GAME WAS POSTPONED

After one day of practice since its return to Cambridge, the University baseball team this afternoon will resume when it meets the Bowdoin aggregation at 4 o'clock on Soldiers Field. Today's game was to have been played on April 10 but was postponed because of the cold weather.

Bowdoin has an inexperienced nine which has been even more handicapped than the University team, by the lack of outdoor practice. In a tie game with St. Anslem on Saturday they exhibited a rather ragged brand of ball, Clifford and Cook at first and second in particular showing a tendency to throw the ball away in the pinches,. At the bat, although they hammered the St. Anslem pitcher in the first of the game, they were unable to hit in the game, they were unable to hit in the last sessions when the score was tied. Although the bases were filled for the greater part of the last three innings they could not bring in a single run.

Yesterday the University squad practiced for over three hours on the first team diamond. Coach Slattery gave most of his time to correcting the faults in the infield which the southern trip had brought to light.