SPRING FOOTBALL UNDER WAY

EXPECT SIXTY CANDIDATES TO REPORT TODAY AT 3.30 AT FIELD.

There will be an important meeting of all football men at the Varsity Club tonight at 7.15 o'clock. Leo H. Leary '05, who will be in charge of spring practice, will outline the plans for spring work.

There will be a meeting of candidates for the position of second assistant manager of the University football team from the class of 1919 in the office of the Athletic Association today at 1 o'clock. As in former years, the competition will extend through the full season, the appointment being made on the night of the Harvard-Yale game. The work during the spring will consist of writing letters, gathering statistics, and solving various problems designed to test the candidate's ingenuity and general ability.

At the end of the spring practice eight men will be retained for further competition in the fall. These men will be expected to return to Cambridge about September 10 to continue the competition. At the time of the Yale game the first man in the competition will be appointed second assistant manager of the University team, while the second man will be appointed second assistant manager of the second team.