Dramatic Club Meeting Today

In preparation for its spring production, the Dramatic Club will hold an open meeting this afternoon at 4.30 in Phillips Brooks House, at which time this year's play, Benevente's "The Governor's Wife," will be read. Candidates for all departments of the play, business, publicity, stage designing, and especially acting, should be present, and in addition all men interested in the production, whether or not they intend to try out for parts, will be welcome. Beside the reading of the play, full details about each department will be explained, and all questions answered.

Because of the large number of characters in the play, 10 female and 18 male, unusual opportunity is offered to all those who like to act. The character parts are especially clever, and afford a wide range of interpretation. Undergraduates are eligible for the men's parts, while the female roles will be taken by members of Radcliffe College.

"The Governor's Wife" is a very recent play, having been printed first only last December, but critics have pronounced it equal, if not superior to another play by Benevente, "The Passsion Flower."