PUDDING PLAY MAKES PROGRESS

BOSTON PLAYERS ASSISTING IN COACHING OF "BARNUM WAS RIGHT"

"Barnum Was Right," the musical comedy by R. E. Sherwood '18 and S. P. Sears '17, which is being produced by the Hasty Pudding Club, is now in its final week of preparation. The play will be presented for the first time on April 15 at the Hasty Pudding Theatre, when only members of the University will be admitted. The first performance open to the general public will be in Cambridge on April 16, and there will be subsequent performances in Philadelphia, New York and Boston.

During the past three weeks Miss Alexandra Carlisle, who is directing "Barnum Was Right," has had the assistance of Mr. Frederick Kaufman, stage director of "Chu Chin Chow" in training the choruses in the ensemble numbers. Miss Martha Lorber, premiere danseuse in the "Chu Chin Chow" company, has coached R. G. Payne '20 and J. C. Bolton '20 in a number of unusual dances, and Mr. James Watts of "The Greenwich Village Follies" has designed an acrobatic specialty dance for F. M. Trainer Occ., which he will introduce in the feature number, "Barnum Was Right." Mr. McKay, principal comedian of "Honey Girl", has aided C. A. Clark Occ. in developing a highly amusing burlesque oriental dance.

R. H. Ware '20, who achieved a considerable success in the last Pudding show, "Crowns and Clowns," has been added to the cast of "Barnum Was Right" and will do a musical specialty act with C. G. LeForgee '20. An additional song number, the music for which was composed by Howard Elliott '22, has recently been included in the score.

Seats for all performances will be placed on sale Wednesday, April 7, at the Cooperative Branch Store, Leavitt and Peirce's, Herrick's, and all other recognized ticket agencies. They may also be obtained from Hugh C. Ward '20, manager, Hasty Pudding Club. Tickets for the performance on April 15 (Undergraduates' Night) will sell at the reduced price of $1.65 (including war tax); and for all other performances at $2.75 (including war tax.