SEE TRACK STARS ON SCREEN

Correct Form in Many Events Illustrated by Best Performers on Cinders.

Through the efforts of the Graduate Track Advisory Committee the track management has been able to secure a special slow-speed film of track stars in action, which will be shown in the Union next Thursday evening at 6.30. All officers and students of the University are invited to attend this meeting, and every track man is expected to be present. Among the national stars who will be seen in action are F. Kelley in the hurdles, M. McGrath in the hammer-throw, H. Baker in the half-mile, and F. Foss in the pole vault.

A moving picture operator from the Pathe Company is expected at the field this afternoon to take pictures of the entire squad as well as pictures of individuals in action. If it is possible to arrange it, these pictures will be shown in conjunction with the others. Since the film of the national stars was taken with a special high speed camera of a rare make, it is entirely possible to slow the picture down to such an extent that every movement of a man running the hurdles and going over the bar in the pole vault and high jump can be clearly discerned.

By exhibiting pictures which will show national stars in action, as well as those of members of the track squad who are-correct in form as compared with those who are faulty, the graduate committee and the management hope to develop each man so that he will know the correct form for his event. The showing of moving pictures is only one of the many innovations that have been introduced in track this year, and all these methods are being used to put the sport back on its former basis.