GUN CLUB OPENS SEASON ON SOLDIERS FIELD TRAPS

First Match With New England Kennel Club Saturday at Braintree.

The Harvard Gun Club will open its season today when it holds the first shoot of the spring over its traps on Soldiers Field. Shooting is to continue every day this week in preparation for the stiff match on Saturday with the New England Kennel Club at Braintree. A team of five men and three substitutes will be picked as a result of this week's shooting to compete Saturday as guests of the Kennel Club.

On Saturday, May 22, the main event of the trap-shooting season will take place at New Haven, when teams from Harvard, Princeton, Yale and Dartmouth will take part in a meet held under the auspices of the Intercollegiate Trap-shooting Association. In this meet the University will be represented by a team of five men and several substitutes.

All men who are interested in trap-shooting, no matter whether they intend to try for the team or not, including experienced men, beginners and Freshmen, should attend the meetings at the Club House on Soldiers Field today and hear the plans for the season, which will be explained at that time.

The rules for eligibility for the team are the same as for other minor sports, but all men in the University are welcome to shoot and practice over the club traps, and to shoot in the club meets which will be held at least once a week until the end of the examination period. Shells are supplied on the grounds, and the club will endeavor to supply guns for those men who cannot bring their own.