ATHLETIC RECEPTION COMMITTEE CHOSEN

H. H. FAXON '21 CHAIRMAN

A committee for the reception and entertainment of teams of other colleges visiting the University has been appointed by the Student Council. The committee is headed by H. H. Faxon '21, who will be assisted by Myles P. Baker '22 and C. W. Baker Jr. '22.

It is intended that the committee shall have general charge of the welcome and entertainment of all visiting athletes competing in the Stadium, whether they be playing against the University or not. Their work will consist largely in gaining the cooperation of the student body in giving the men on these teams a good time during their stay in Cambridge.

This committee was appointed because of the lack of any person responsible for the care of the University's athletic guests; except the manager of the home team in question. Since managers of teams are already overburdened with duties on the days of games, it was decided to relieve them of this important work and to place it in the hands of a committee, which would be responsible for seeing that it is done properly.