UNIVERSITY NINE MEETS WILLIAMS THIS AFTERNOON

HARRISON AND GAMMACK BATTERY FOR UNIVERSITY

The same line-up which last Saturday lost to Princeton will oppose the Williams nine on Soldiers Field at 4 o'clock this afternoon. The shift of the batting order in which Conlon leads off, proved successful Saturday; Conlon, a fast man on the bases, but not a steady batter, works in much better at the head of the list than at number three. If the Berkshire men bring out a left-handed pitcher, Hallowell will probably be replaced by Perkins in right field.

Harrison, who has not pitched since the ill-starred Dartmouth game, will have another opportunity to try out his spitball. Although subject to bad innings, Harrison has the speed and curves which make him almost the most effective moundsman of the squad when he is at his best.

Former Professional Coaches Williams

The Williams team, although coached by Harry Davis, former first baseman for the Athletics, and recognized as one of the leading coaches in collegiate baseball, has had an unfortunate season. The line-up of the Williams team today is the result of many attempts on the part of Coach Davis to find a satisfactory line-up; during the season numerous shifts have been made, none of them so far satisfactory.

Yesterday afternoon the University team played the second team, beating them 7-1. The University put the game away in the third inning, when hits by Hallowell, Frothingham and Bigelow brought in five runs.