CHANGE GYMKHANA DATE

SUMMER CAMP PLANS ANNOUNCED

In order not to conflict with other events, already arranged for May 29, the Artillery Unit Gymkhana, which was tentatively scheduled for that day, has been definitely set for Tuesday afternoon, June 1, at 2.30 o'clock. It will be held at the Commonwealth Armory. A committee has been elected by the members of the Military Science Courses to take charge of the arrangements. It consists of A. L. Horst 2G.B., R. L. Conrod '21, T. Adamowski '22, A. G. Tuckerman '22, and H. H. Hudson '23. A small charge has been made to each man, entering the contest, in order to purchase some suitable prizes for the winners of the various events. Besides this several Boston firms, including Bigelow & Kennard, and Iver Johnson, have contributed some extra prizes to be given to winners of certain events.

Already a large number of men have signed up for the contest. In the "Musical Stalls" thirty-two men have entered; more than thirty will take part in the Mounted Wrestling and the Tug of War between the Freshmen and the uppclassmen; eleven teams have entered the Obstacle Race, and five relay teams will compete against each other. Twenty-five men have entered the jumping contest, of whom all but ten will be eliminated in the trials, that take place next week. In all the events, horses will be drawn by lot.

The Gymkhana will be open to all members of the University and their friends. Competitors and members of the Military Science courses may obtain official invitations from the Military Office early next week.

The University Band will play for the Gymkhana.

The first of the extra drill periods in preparation for the mounted escort to General Pershing was held last night. For the first time the men wore the uniforms, which were issued earlier in the week. Members of the course who have the right to wear campaign ribbons or decorations, will be urged to do so on Memorial Day.

40 Men go to Camp Knox This Summer.

Students going to Summer Camp are now being innoculated for typhoid, and are taking their physical examinations. The men will leave for Camp Knox in small groups, each in charge of a student leader, who will be responsible for the arrival of those under his care. These groups will leave Cambridge in the order in which they finish their final examinations; the first groups arriving at Louisville, Ky., which is a few miles east of Camp Knox, on June 17, the day the camp opens.

The students will be furnished transportation, and, during the trip, will receive commutation of rations at the rate of three dollars a day. Upon arrival at camp, they will receive board, lodging, and all necessary equipment, except toilet articles and under-clothing, free of charge. The camp will last six weeks.