DRAMATIC CLUB WILL GIVE SPANISH DRAMA

ADVERTISING MEN CALLED

"The Governor's Wife," the three-act comedy by Jacinto Benevente, announced by the Dramatic Club for its spring production, will be given at the Pi Eta Theatre Tuesday and Thursday, May 18 and 20, and at the Copley Theatre Wednesday, May 19.

In producing this Spanish play the Dramatic Club is following its newly established policy of staging in translation notable European plays which have never been produced in America. "The Passi Flower" and "The Bonds of Interest," the only two plays by the same author thus far seen on the American stage, have been enthusiastically received, and "The Governor's Wife" promises to merit equal attention. It is a three-act comedy, first produced in Spain in 1901, but translated into English by John Garrett Underhill only a few months ago. Although of decided Spanish atmosphere, the play has universal appeal by reason of its careful character delincation and its interesting story woven through with witty dialogues.

J. W. D. Seymour '17, who coached the production last fall, is directing the spring play. The cast is unusually large, calling for 10 female and 18 male characters, and the production promises to be one of the most elaborate given by the club in recent years. The female characters will be taken by members of the Idler Club of Radcliffe, which aided the Dramatic Club in its fall play.

The sale of tickets will begin on May at the Copley Theatre and at Herrick's in Boston, and at the Co-operative and Leavitt & Peirce's in Cambridge.

A competition in soliciting advertisements for the program will begin at 1 o'clock today, when prospective solicitors will report at the office of the club in the Union, where the details of the work will be explained. Although success in this work does not entitle men to membership in the club, a 10 percent commission will be paid on all advertising secured. As all advertising copy must be in by Friday noon it is advisable that the men start work immediately.