ELECTION AMENDMENT SUBMITTED TO 1922

SMOKER TOMORROW NIGHT

At the last Sophomore smoker of the year, to be held tomorrow evening at 7.30 in the Living Room of the Union, the two amendments to the constitution of the three lower classes proposed by the Student Council and recently passed unanimously by the Freshmen, will come up to be voted upon. The amendments are to be made to Article 3 of the constitution, regarding the election of class officers, and are designed to stimulate interest in elections and make the balloting more representative of the whole class by establishing the minimum number of votes required as 60 percent of the class members. The proposed amendments are as follows:

SECTION 10. Any election of class officers shall be declared valid if 60 percent or more of the members of the class affected shall have voted.

SECTION 11. If at any election a sufficient number of votes are not cast at the first ballot, further balloting shall be held at intervals of not more than ten days, suffrage being restricted to those members who have not already voted, until a sufficient number of votes has been cast.

In addition to the discussion and voting on this amendment, there will be short speeches by the class officers on matters of interest to the Sophomores, and the Treasurer, R. P. Parker, will read his report for the year. Two feature motion pictures will be shown, "Double Speed," with Wallace Reid, and a new and spicy Mack Sennett comedy entitled "His Last False Step." The customary refreshments and cigarettes will be served, and Lowe's Orchestra will furnish music during the evening.