Aero Society Chooses Captain and Two Men for Mineola Air Team

E. H. Kelton, Occ., was yesterday chosen to be captain of the University fliers who are to be entered in the College Flying Day at Mineola, L. I., next Friday. During the war Kelton was a pilot attached to the 185th Squadron of the American Expeditionary Forces. He will fly in the 100-mile cross-country race which is one of the six events on the schedule. L. T. Lanman '20 will also be on the team, flying in the take-off and landing event. The third member of the team chosen yesterday was R. Blinn Varnum '21, who will enter the manoeuvre and acrobatic events. He was formerly a pilot in the 166th Squadron, A. E. F. The remaining fliers on the team will be chosen tomorrow.

The three fliers were chosen as the result of a series of trials held on the Army Flying Field at Framingham during the last three days. Lieutenant Colonel Drennan, of the Department of the Northeast, supplied the machines for the trials and acted as judge of the contestants.

As the College Flying Day, although held under the auspices of the American Flying Club, is being conducted by the Army officials, only officers in the Reserve Army are eligible to compete. Fifteen members of the Aeronautical Society who met this qualification competed for positions on the team going to Mincola.

The Harvard Menorah Society will hold its twelfth annual banquet at the Boston City Club this evening at 6.30 o'clock. Tickets for the dinner are obtained from Sol Rotenberg '20, Stoughton 22.