JUNE 5 NEW DATE FOR RHODES APPLICATIONS

GREEK EXAMS ABOLISHED

The date on which applications for the Rhodes Scholarships at Oxford University must be in President Lowell's hands has been changed from July 15 to June 5, according to an announcement made yesterday by the President's office. No change has been made in the date on which, in case the petition to President Lowell is successful, completed applications should reach the Secretary of the State Committee on Selection in the state in which the candidate wishes to compete. This date remains August 14. The final selections will be made on or about September 25.

The American Secretary for the Rhodes Scholarship Trust, Professor Frank Aydelotte, A.M. '03, of the Institute of Technology, calls attention to the fact that since the 1920 memorandum of regulations for the Rhodes Scholarships was printed, the University of Oxford has abolished the requirement of the Greek language for admission and for all degrees.

Conditions for Scholarships.

The following are the conditions of eligibility for the Rhodes Scholarships.

"The applicant must be an unmarried citizen of the United States with at least five years' domicile.

"By October 1 of the year for when he is elected he must have passed his 19th but not his 25th birthday.

"By October 1 of the year for which he is selected, he must have completed a least his Sophomore year in some college or university of recognized standing.

"The candidate must apply either for the state in which he ordinarily has his private domicile or for any state in which he has received at least two years of his college education before application.

"In the first instance, he must be selected by his own college before filing his application with the Secretary of the State Committee."

Further information may be obtained from Professor R. K. Hack, 39 Kirkland street, Cambridge 38, Mass.