FIRST YEAR BUSINESS MEN MUST PLAN SUMMER WORK

Three Months Employment to Supplement Lecture Courses.--Each Follows Special Field.

By the regulations of the new curriculum recently adopted by the Graduate School of Business Administration, a compulsory summer employment program has been arranged for all members of the first-year men enter industrial employment during the summer months in the line of work in which they are specializing in the School. The Administrative Office undertakes to procure the positions, in which, while receiving a nominal salary, the men will learn from the inside the particular industry in which they are concentrating, as a complement to class-room lectures and term time work. In many cases this summer work will form the basis for the theses required of all men during their second year. The School will receive reports on the men's performance in their industrial positions, and these will become part of their academic record. The period of work is three months, from the conclusion, of the final examinations at the end of May until the first of September, with a few weeks vacation before the School reopens on September 27. About half of the classes are already placed.