GLEE CLUB AND CHOIR WILL JOIN IN MEMORIAL EXERCISES

SHANNON POST TO ATTEND

In addition to addresses by General Pershing and other prominent men, the commemorative exercises on Memorial Day, in memory of the Harvard men who lost their lives in the war, will include the singing by the University Glee Club and Choir of "The Answer of the Stars," by Frederick S. Converse '93, a piece dedicated to the Harvard war dead, which was sung for the first time at the Commencement exercises last June and has never before been performed by the Glee Club. The words of the piece are by M. A. DeWolfe Howe '87.

A detachment from the Field Artillery Unit will also take part in the ceremonies, acting as a mounted guard for General Pershing.

Shannon Post to Attend.

The James A. Shannon Post of the American Legion is to be invited to attend in uniform in view of the fact that the commemoration will be in honor "especially of members of the Harvard regiment and its sometime commander, Lieutenant-Colonel James Andrew Shannon, U. S. A.," and an invitation is also being sent to the Cambridge Post No. 27, of the American Legion.

Some 900 invitations have already been mailed to members of the Faculty and to relations of the Harvard men who fell in the war. In view of the limited size of Sanders Theatre, the Committee on Arrangements announces that admission will be ticket only, both for those who march in the procession and for those who do not. The assignment of tickets will be made about May 15.

The Committee on Arrangements is headed by Professor Bliss Perry. Among the other members are representatives of the Faculty, the student body, the James A. Shannon Post of the Legion, the Harvard regiment and the Harvard Memorial Society.