Professor Mason's Lecture.

Communications

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:--

We may assume, I trust, that the student body is aware of the fact that the three departments of Fine Arts, Dramatic Literature and Music, have formed a triple alliance so that the students and teachers working in these three departments may feel a strong common interest. There have already been given two afternoon receptions, one at the Fogg Art Museum and one at the Music Building, and these have been very delightful and profitable gatherings, and have called forth spontaneous approval from the students and teachers who were present. It is now proposed to give a series of three public lectures on related artistic subjects, the first one of which is to be given this coming Friday evening, May 7th, in the John Knowles Paine Concert Hall at 8.15. The lecture on Modern Music will be delivered by the well-known American composer and writer, Professor Daniel Gregory Mason, Harvard '95, at present head of the Department of Music at Columbia University. The lecture will be accompanied with musical illustrations, and as Professor Mason is a very interesting speaker as well as an excellent pianist, we hope that the undergraduate body will welcome this opportunity to hear the views of a well-known authority on such a significant subject. W. R. SPAULDING '87, A. M. '88.