LESLIE HEADS 1921 TWELVE

NEW LEADER TWO-YEAR VETERAN

Clinton Leslie '21 of East Northfield has been elected captain of the University lacrosse team for next year. Leslie is a veteran of the team, having played for two years at first defence. He prepared at Mount Hermon and because there was no lacrosse team here his freshman year did not take up the game until the fall of 1918.

The University twelve has had a successful season this year. Although the Southern trip proved rather unfortunate from the point of view of victories, nevertheless the men came up against older and more experienced players and thus were able to profit in later games. Among the notable victories of the year were the ones over Penn State and Yale. Both these teams are among the first ranking teams of the country.

Through graduation the stickmen will lose five regulars and one substitute. They are: Captain H. L. Hall '20, E. P. Hirschberg '21, P. D. Steele '20, L. B. Merchant '20, R. Thompson '20 and H. M. Flinn '21, a substitute. Hall and Hirshberg have been mainstays of the team the past year and will be badly missed. However, the Freshman twelve was one of the strongest in many seasons, and of these many men are expected to show University calibre. D. H. Treanor, captain of the Freshman team, and E. C. Smith '23 are the outstanding players.

Of the remaining men of the University combination, T. C. Pratt '22 and A. L. Frenyear '21 are strong, steady performers. Pratt; at goal, was a veritable bulwark throughout all games, again and again stopping shots which seemed all, but the impossible. Frenyear is a veteran who knows how to handle his stick. A companion attack man who has played a sterling game this year is C. L. Nunneker '22, also a clever stick handler. G. K. Bragger '22, C. H. Kimball '22 and G. G. Toohy '21 are good men and will probably fill berths on the team next year.

The schedule for next year, which includes a Southern trip, will be fully as hard as this year. H. W. O'Neill '12 and Dr. Paul Gustafson will again be on hand to help train and develop a team which it is hoped will rank as high as any University in the country.