LIEUT. DICK ON MONTH'S LEAVE

Expected to Return Next Fall--Military Science Courses Concluded

Lieutenant James B. Dick of the University Field Artillery left last night on a month's leave. He will not go to camp as an instructor, as it was previously announced. The University military authorities expect that he will resume his instruction work here in the fall; but it is possible that he will leave the army in order to take up a position in civilian life.

During the past year he has been stationed at the University, acting as instructor in Material and Small Arms Firing and as supply officer, a position demanding an enormous amount of work because of the great quantity of government property that has been assigned to the University during the past 12 months. During his absence, Captain Daniels, Assistant Professor of Military Science and Tactics, will take his place as Supply Officer.

The work of the Military Courses for this year ended yesterday, when the final examination was held. Equitation has been discontinued for the past two weeks, but students wishing to ride have been allowed to do so. It was found impossible because of the extra drills occasioned by General Pershing's visit, to fire the automatic pistol course this spring, and it has been postponed until next fall.