PENNYPACKER TO HEAD ADMISSION COMMITTEE

SUCCEEDS JOHN G. HART '93

Henry Pennypacker, headmaster of the Boston Latin School, has been appointed chairman of the Committee on Admission at the University, and has accepted the appointment. He will take the place of John Goddard Hart '93, who has resigned the chairmanship of the committee.

Mr. Pennypacker was graduated from Phillips Exeter Academy in 1884, and is a member of the class of 1888. After leaving the University he taught Greek and Latin for two years at Adelphi Academy in Brooklyn. Since 1891 he has been at Boston Latin School, first as junior master, then as master, and since 1910 as headmaster. He is now serving as a graduate member of the Harvard Athletic Committee. He lives in Cambridge.

His appointment as chairman of the Committee on Admission puts him in direct administrative charge of the admission of all students to Harvard College. The University has selected for this position a man of high school experience and point of view in order to assure a most careful and sympathetic study, on the part of the Committee on Admission, of the relations between the College and the public schools of the country, based on a thorough knowledge of public school conditions.