YALE HALTS PRINCETON IN SECOND ELI-TIGER CONTEST

Selleck by Long Drive to Center Field Brings in Winning Runs--Game Ends With Score 4-2

A game apiece to Yale and Princeton in the series between these two rivals is the result of the clash at Princeton on Saturday when the Tigers went down to a 4-2 defeat. Two weeks ago Princeton took the first encounter in a close game, 6-5, and they were counting on a victory Saturday to win the "Big Three" series, as in two previous contests Princeton had defeated the University.

Selleck, the Eli pitcher, twice Tiger-tamer last year, was the hero of the game, for in the fourth inning, with the score 1-1, and the bases full, he lined out a hit to center field which cleared the bases, bringing in three runs. Princeton could not muster enough strength to overcome this lead although later she added one run to her total. Throughout the game the Yale pitcher pitched his customary heady brand of ball and allowed to the Tiger batters only seven scattered hits, the first of these being a home run by Strubing, the first man to face him in the opening inning.

Strubing's drive went into the right field bleachers. It tied the score for Princeton, as in the first half of the inning Yale had scored by a pass to Murphy, a sacrifice by Sawyer and a two bagger by Crane along the left field foul line.

Nothing in the scoring line happened until the fourth, the deciding inning of the game. Diamond rolled out, Trimble to Cook, as a starter. Then Holmes knocked a roller to Keyes at third, who booted it, and the runner was safe. Aldrich drove a hit off Warburton and Holmes advanced to second. Peters was hit by a pitched ball, filling the bases. Selleck then crossed up the Princeton team, straightening the ball out beyond Strubing, who was playing in close, Holmes, Aldrich and Peters scoring. After Sawyer, the next man up, had singled, Warburton, on the mound for Princeton, was taken out and Margetts put in. The inning ended when Sawyer was forced out at second.