"ATROCIOUS INDIFFERENCE" NEXT FALL?

Jimmy Knox, the veteran Crimson scout, and coach of the second eleven, has vigorously pointed out the task that the 1920 football team is up against; and he has shown clearly that not only the team, but the whole undergraduate body is involved. "Atrocious indifference" of the type shown this spring will never carry the squad through a successful season in the fall.

In spite of the miserable undergraduate support in track and baseball, the unenthusiastic rooter is optimistic about the autumn. "Football is more fun to watch, and there is more time to go to the games then"-- But the eleven may have a disappointing early season, and if the College shows no better spirit under trying conditions in the fall than it has recently, the eleven will be stranded.

With a large part of the undergraduate body away from Cambridge, there is little chance to retrieve the faults of this spring now, but the backers of the Crimson can still show that the old athletic spirit has not died completely, but is only hibernating, by "coming back" with new life next fall.

It is going to take a lot more spirit than was shown last fall, and a decided brace from the limp attitude of this spring, to out-fight the men who "are ready to go through hell-fire and brimstone for Yale."