METHOD FOR AWARDING PRINCETON 'P' CHANGED

"A.P.A." REWARD FOR HARD WORK

Extensive changes have been made in the system of awarding major and minor athletic insignia at Princeton. The most noteworthy of these changes is the provision made for awarding the University "P" to minor sport teams which win a championship. In the future the awarding of letters to men winning a third place in the Yale or Harvard meets is limited to Seniors, and this only on the recommendation of the coach, captain and manager.

In track, men winning a point or fraction of a point in the Intercollegiate Championship meet, or a man winning first or second in the Harvard or Yale meet shall be awarded a "P". All men who have reported for at least 60 percent of the practices and is recommended by the captain coach and manager, shall receive an "A.P.A."

Princeton freshmen, playing on the baseball or football team against the University will receive their numerals.

The crew changes are as follows: The nine men competing in the Yale or Harvard races shall be awarded the "P". If the crew is reorganized, only those men recommended by the captain, coach and manager shall be awarded the letters, and these subject to the approval of the Undergraduate Athletic Committee.

The nine men composing the 150-pound crew placing first or second in the Henley Regatta shall be awarded the A. P. A., subject to the approval of the Committee.

Minor sport changes follow: Championship minor sport teams shall be awarded the "P" with certain reservations and at the discretion of the Committee. A team, to be considered champions, must meet Harvard and Yale whenever possible. The first five men home on the team winning the Intercollegiate Cross-Country Championship shall be awarded the "P". Members of the Freshman Cross-country team placing among the first ten in the intercollegiate run shall be awarded their numerals.

The changes in swimming awards follow: A man in any regular event including fancy diving, who wins his event in the majority of the league meets shall be awarded the "P" when the team wins the Intercollegiate Championship. Those members of a championship water polo team who have played in at least half the regular league games shall be awarded the "P" subject to the approval of the Committee.

Soccer regulations are very similar to those for the water polo team; a man must have played in half the regular league games on a championship team to receive his letter. The award is subject to the approval of the Undergraduate Athletic Committee.

Tennis changes are as follows: Those members of a championship tennis team who have won the majority of their matches in the league tournaments shall be awarded the "P" subject to the approval of the Committee.

The four members of the golf team who have won the majority of their matches and are on the team winning the Intercollegiate Championship shall be awarded the "P" subject to the approval of the Committee.

Wrestling changes are as follows: Those members of a championship wrestling team winning first or second place in the Intercollegiate meet shall be awarded the "P" subject to the approval of the Committee. The members of the team who compete in the majority of the meets shall be awarded the insignia W. P. T. Those members of the Freshman team winning the majority of their matches and, in addition, their bouts in the Yale meet, shall be awarded their class numerals. Those members of the Freshman team, wrestling in the majority of its scheduled meets, shall be awarded their class numeral insignia.

The letter for the Junior crew has been changed from the P 2nd to A. P. A. and will be awarded to nine men.