L. A. DETURENNE TO BE NEXT TENNIS CAPTAIN

DEFEATED ONLY ONCE THIS YEAR

Leon Auzias deTurcnne '21 of Seattle, Washington, was elected leader of the University tennis for 1920-21 at a meeting of the members of this year's team. He prepared at the Broadway High School in Seattle, coming from there to Harvard. His Freshman year he played a consistently good game and was elected captain.

For two years he has played on the University team, and this year, playing number 2 in the line-up, has made an enviable record. In the 15 singles matches he has played this season only one mam, Banks of Yale, has defeated him.

Intercollegiates on June 28

As the Intercollegiate Tennis Tournament comes off at Philadelphia on June 28, the University tennis players are practicing daily. Each college entering the championships is allowed to send only four players. The men to represent the Crimson will be picked from the seven players forming the University team. A Round Robin tournament is planned for next week to determine the quartet. G. W. Helm '21, however, may not be able to compete, thus diminishing the number of men eligible to six. If possible the matches will be played on the grass courts at Longwood, as the championship matches at Philadelphia will be played on grass.