STRONG VERMONT NINE OPPONENT OF CRIMSON; GAME SCHEDULED FOR 3

FELTON AND KIBBEE, RIVAL TWIRLERS, TO BE ON MOUND

Vermont whose record this season includes victories over Princeton and Georgetown, will play the University nine this afternoon at 3 o'clock on Soldiers Field. Coach Slattery is making no change in his team for the game except to put either Hardell or Felton on the mound. It is probable that Felton, who has not pitched since the game against California, will start. Coach Slattery is saving Goode for the hard game with California scheduled for tomorrow.

Vermont has so far lost only four games in a uniformly successful season. Her only serious setback was at the hands of Holy Cross, whom the University edged out 1-0. The Worcester nine trimmed the Burlington men 8-3. Vermont broke even in two games played with Boston College, losing 2-0 in a game played on May 29. A few of the teams which have bowed before the northern aggregation are. Tufts, 2-0; Middlebury, 6-4; Princeton, 1-0; Georgetown, 5-4; Williams, 10-0.

Only Two Experienced Players

The team which plays the Crimson this afternoon has only two veterans on it, Kibbee and Tyron, the rest of the team being made up of last year's Freshmen.

Kibbee and Guba are the two moundsmen upon whom the burden of pitching has rested this year. Both are right-handers and both have had about equal success this spring. Guba has lost only one game this season while Kibbee is credited with the win over Princeton. In the Boston College game a week ago Saturday he pitched a splendid uphill game against Fitzpatrick.

The visitors are now batting in the vicinity of .272.