THREE GRADUATES IN RUNNING

Lodge, Wood and Webster Considered at Chicago Convention

It appears that General Leonard Wood '84 and Senator Henry Cabot Lodge '71 are not the only Harvard men whose names will appear in the ballotings for President or Vice President of the United States at Chicago during the present week. William Grant Webster '86 of New York contested the primaries as a Republican candidate for Vice-President in six states and carried five of them, with 114 delegates, as follows:

In North Dakota he received 20.547 votes and won 10 delegates; in Nebraska, 94,648 votes and 16 delegates; in Ohio, 71,597 votes and 48 delegates; in Indiana, 139,577 votes and 30 delegates: and in South Dakota, 10 delegates, which he won "automatically" under the Richards primary law by virtue of being the only candidate for the office. The other state that Mr. Webster contested was Oregon, which, however, was won by Senator Henry Cabot Lodge '71 of Massachusetts. Mr. Webster's popular vote in Oregan was about 14,000, which, added to the 326,369 received in the above named sixtes, gave him over one third of a million votes.