OARSMEN AT RED TOP TAKE ROW ON THAMES

TO PRACTICE TWICE DAILY

Yesterday afternoon the University crew squad arrived at their training quarters at Red Top, where they will practice for the remaining time before the race, which is scheduled for Friday, June 25. Three crews left on the 1.05 train yesterday and arrived in New London shortly after 3 o'clock. At 5 o'clock the first practice spin was held on the Thames. Coaches William Haines, Burt Haines and Dr. Paul Withington '09, who are staying at Red Top with the crews, watched the races, and afterwards gave short talks to the men.

The line-up of the second crew was slightly changed yesterday, due to the inability of A. Brown '22 to stroke the boat because of a slightly strained back. Prior to his return L. A. Duncan '22 is taking his place, while D. H. Morris '21 is filling Duncan's place at 6. The line-up of the second crew as it will probably row for the next few days is as follows:

Bow, Damon; 2, Bradlee; 3, Appleton; 4, C. F. Batchelder Jr.; 5, Atkinson; 6, Morris; 7, Pond; stroke, Duncan; coxswain, Williams.

From now on the crews will practice twice daily, once in the morning and once in the afternoon. The morning rows are held fairly early, before the day has become hot, and the afternoon ones about 5 o'clock or later when the water is calmer.