TEN MEN FOR BOARD OF OVERSEERS NOMINATED BY POSTAL BALLOTTING

ALUMNI GATHER TO ELECT THREE MEN TO ASSOCIATION

The 10 candidates for the Board of Overseers who have received the largest number of votes in the postal ballot conducted by the Harvard Alumni Association and whose names will therefore be placed upon the ballot used at the election of Overseers in Cambridge on Commencement Day, June 24, are as follows:

William Roscoe Thayer '81 of Cambridge, writer and historian and for many years editor of the Harvard Graduates' Magazine.

Barrett Wendell '77 of Boston, formerly Professor of English at the University and now Professor Emeritus.

Louis Adams Frothingham '93 of Easton, lawyer and former Lieutenant Governor of Massachusetts.

Edwin Francis Gay (Hon. '18) of New York City, recently Dean of the Harvard Graduate School of Business Administration, director during the war of the Central Bureau of Planning and Statistics at Washington, and now president of the New York Evening Post Co.

Norwood Penrose Hallowell '97 of Milton, member of the firm of Lee, Higginson & Co., and during the war director of the Liberty Loan work in New England.

Albert Thompson Perkins '87 of St. Louis, Mo., railroad man who served during the war as Director of Light Railways, A. E. F.

Mitchell Davis Follansbee '92 of Chicago, Ill.; lawyer.

Robert Hallowell Gardiner '76 of Gardiner, Me., trustee and director of several business corporation and active layman in the Episcopal Church.

Frederick Pickering Cabot '90 of Boston, Justice of the Boston Juvenile Court.

Homer Gage '82 of Worcester, surgeon.

These 10 men, whose names are here placed in the order, of the number of votes they received, led the 20 candidates who were listed on the postal ballot. Five of them will be elected by vote of the alumni of the University on Commencement Day, June 24. The polls in Lower Massachusetts Hall will be open from 9.30 A. M. until 4 P. M., according to present plans.

Six Candidates for Alumni Association

At the same time and place the alumni will vote for directors of the Harvard Alumni Association, three to be elected from among the following six candidates:

Archibald Gourlie Thacher '97 of New York City, a lawyer who is now a member of the Committee of the Board of Overseers on Military Science and Tactics.

Nathaniel Farwell Ayer '00 of Boston, cotton manufacturer, who during the war organized and commanded the U. S. Naval Radio School in Cambridge.

William Thomas Reid Jr. '01 of Brookline, former captain of the Harvard baseball team and coach for several years of the football team.

Richard Derby '03 of New York City, physician and recently colonel in the Medical Corps, U. S. A.

William Greene Roelker '09 of East Greenwich, R. I., banker.

Harry Bromfield Cabot Jr. '17 of Brookline, captain of the University crew in 1917 and now a student at the Law School.

A total of 5915 postal ballots for Overseers were received up to June 5 at the office of the Harvard Alumni Association, of which 5819 were declared valid. The other 96 were thrown out as defective, 60 because they were unsigned, 6 because they contained more than 5 votes and 30 because they were late. Last year 4854 votes were cast, of which 73 were invalid.