ATHLETIC RECORDS

The season of 1919 and 1920 passed with no small credit due for the accomplishments of Harvard teams on the athletic fields. The ancient grudge against the Bull Dog was satisfield by Crimson victories in four out of five major sports; the defeat on the cinder track was glossed over with decisive wins on diamond, gridiron, river and rink.

More than a decade under the Haughton system had accustomed Cambridge men to a football season without a defeat, and early predictions of under puted hockey supremacy were fully justified. Only the baseball nine and the crew brought surprises. After rolling in the doldrums for weeks, howing to good and indifferent opponents with disconcerting eatholicity, Coach Slattery's men closed the year by administering a vigorous drubbing to their traditional enemies.

It was reserved for the crew, however, to cap the athletic year with the most memorable triumph of all. No Thames contest in years had left the "dopesters" less dubions as to the probable outcome. But the results: six lenghts the msot saguine never dreamed of such a margin of triump!

Another years brings new opportunities and new baitles. It should serve only to angment the enthusiasm and strengthen the support of the college.