CROSS-COUNTRY MEN REPORT AT LOCKER BUILDING MONDAY

"Pooch" Donovan to Have Charge of Runners; Captain Bemis Heads Squad of Good Material

Cross-country track at the University will begin Monday at 3.30 o'clock, when all men interested will meet at the Locker Building, Soliders Field. At this meeting the men will be addressed by W. J. Bingham '16, former University star, and recently appointed to take the place of Dr. Charles Whelan. "Pooch" Donovan, "Eddie" Farrell, D. F. O'Connell '21, University track captain, and F. G. Bemis '22, cross-country track captain, will also speak.

Plans are under way for the University to have a fall track as well as a cross-country team this year. Fall track will close its season with an interclass meet, while the harriers will probably finish the fall's work with the Intercollegiate Meet at Syracuse, October 16.

Among the men who should figure prominent in cross-country track this fall are Captain F. G. Bemis '22, C. E. Dexter Jr. '22 and A. W. Douglas '21. Captain D. F. O'Connell '21 has not as yet decided whether he will be able to join the hill-and-dale men. Of last year's Freshman aggregation, H. L. Pratt, J. G. Winchester, captain of the Freshman team which defeated Yale last year, and W. C. Bennett will all return. A. J. Fox, an unclassified student last year and winner of the mile in the American Legion last February, is eligible, and judging from his showing in interclass meet, is a likely member of the team.