REGISTER COMPETITIONS TO START WEDNESDAY AT 7 P. M.

Business Men Report in Office of Register at 7--Editorial Candidates Out at 7.45 on Same Day

Competition for positions on the business and editorial boards of the Harvard University Register opens Wednesday evening, September 29. The Register, the second oldest publication in College, is published annually under the supervision of the Student Council, and is a complete reference book of all activities and members of the University.

Business candidates will meet at the Register office in the Union at 7 o'clock. This competition is open to Freshmen and Sophomores, and will consist of soliciting advertising and a small amount of office work. The successful candidate will be appointed assistant business manager for the year 1921-22, and will automatically succeed to the position of business manager the following year. Besides valuable training, the efficient business manager is rewarded in other ways, which will be explained at the first meeting of candidates on Wednesday day evening.

Candidates for the editorial board will meet at 7.45 o'clock on Wednesday evening at the Register office. Members of the Freshmen and Sophomore classes are eligible for this competition. The most successful candidate will be appointed assistant managing editor, and automatically will become managing editor the following year. Other aspirants to the board who prove their worth will be taken on as associate editors. The work consists mainly in compiling data for the Register and offers a splendid opportunity to become thoroughly acquainted with the University, its men and affairs.