SOCCER MEN GET UNDER WAY WITH FIRST PRACTICE TODAY

Aspirants Called to Locker Building at 3 O'clock--Seven Letter Men in College

Candidates for the University soccer team will assemble this afternoon at 3 o'clock at the Locker Building, where they will receive preliminary instructions. Practice will begin immediately in preparation for the Dartmouth game to be staged on October 15.

Prospects for a fast team are unusually bright this year. Seven letter men have returned to College and these will form a strong nucleus for the team. As there are 11 positions on the team, ample opportunity is offered to new men. No previous experience is required.

Coach Burgess will have charge of practice again this year. Aspirants for the Freshmen team will be called on October 4.

Candidates for second assistant manager of the University soccer team from the Sophomore class, and manager of the 1924 team from the Freshman class, will report this afternoon at 1.05 o'clock at the H. A. A., where their work will be outlined. The successful Sophomore becomes manager of the team in his Senior year, and the positions of manager and assistant manager are open to the Freshmen.