SHANNON POST NOT TO ACT ON LEGION VETERAN RELIEF

Adjutant K. B. Murdock '16 Not in Favor of Measures Proposed by National Legion

James A. Shannon Post, American Legion, of Harvard University, will take no action endorsing or condemning plans of the National Legion organization for relief of veterans as recently outlined in the newspapers, according to Assistant Dean K. B. Murdock '16, Post Adjutant.

Although refusing to guess what the attitude of Harvard ex-service men was toward he proposed relief measures, Adjutant Murdock said last year Harvard Legionnaires generally condemn the proposed bonus plan.

"Personally I do not favor the proposed relief measures," said Adjutant Murdock yesterday, "but I cannot speak for other members of this post. James A. Shannon Post is composed largely of men who held Commissions during the war, and the American Legion does not encourage posts made up of special classes, such as officers or college men, to express opinions on matters affecting ex-service men as a whole.

"College posts are stop-gaps which keep ex-service men in touch with the Legion during attendance at Universities," continued Adjutant Murdock. "When James A. Shannon Post was organized May 12, 1920, it had about 250 members. In a few years membership in the post will be confined to the Faculty and the Graduate School."