LAUTNER, SENIOR CHORISTER AND GLEE CLUB PRESIDENT, DISAPPEARED MONDAY

LIVES IN INDIANA; PARENTS NOW IN CAMBRIDGE

Joseph F. Lautner, chorister of the Harvard Senior Class and president of the Harvard Glee Club, has been missing since last Monday morning, and the College is worried over his disappearance.

Lautner has not been in his room since Sunday night. On Monday morning he told an acquaintance in Harvard Square that he was not feeling well and was going home, but he did not inform the College authorities of his intention. His home is in Evansville Indiana, and at a late hour last night he had not appeared there.

He is said to have behaved strangely on Sunday evening, showing a morbid reluctance to see his friends and objecting to their coming into his room.

College Office Begins Investigation

The College authorities were notified Monday and at once began an investigation. None of Lautner's College friends knew his whereabouts and there is no clue to where he had gone.

Dean Yeomans telephoned to Lautner's uncle in Pittsburgh, and has also communicated with Evansville and learned that Lautner has not arrived at his home there. Members of Lautner's family have come to Cambridge, and after consulting with them the College authorities decided to make public the facts of the case, in the hope that in this way Lautner may be found.

Fear Nervous Breakdown

He has previously suffered from nervous prostration and was known to be tired, and it is feared that he may be having another such illness. In any event, the College authorities are determined to do everything that can be done to find him as soon as possible.

Any persons who have any information which might lead to the finding of Lautner are asked to communicate it to the Dean's office at University Hall, Cambridge.

Lautner's description is as follows: height about 6 feet 2 inches; slender; light hair, light mustache, light blue eyes, a prominent and long jaw, and thin and prominent nose; age 23; walks very erect. Probably wears a reddish brown suit, a light brown or gray overcoat, a soft felt hat and black shoes.