TRIANGLE CLUB TO PERFORM FOR ENDOWMENT FUND

PERFORMANCE AT JORDAN HALL ON FEBRUARY 18

The Princeton Triangle Club will give as this year's production, "They Never Come Back," at Jordan Hall, on Friday, February 18th, at 8.15, and they will present the proceeds of this performance to the Harvard Endowment Fund.

This is the club's fortieth annual production and bids fair to surpass all its predecessors, even "The Isle of Surprise," which was presented 26 times before packed houses throughout the country.

So far the club has played in ten cities; first in New York, then Pittsburg, Indianapolis, Cincinnati, St. Louis, Kansas City, St. Paul, Minneapolis, Chicago and Cleveland.

One of the most remarkable features of the play is its absolute freedom from any trace of professionalism. It was written by undergraduates, the music was composed by undergraduates; and even the scenery was designed and executed by undergraduates. The whole production is given by 85 men, 25 in the orchestra and the rest in the cast and executive staff. The cast was selected by E. H. Wever '21, president of the club, and coached by D. C. Stuart, Professor of Romance Languages.

Busy Week-End for the Tigers

The club expects to arrive here from Newark, N. J., in the forenoon of February 18th. They then plan to give a luncheon for the Hasty Pudding Club at 1.30 in town. In the afternoon the Hasty Pudding Club will give a tea dance from 4.30 till 7 for the visitors, and then the play will be given in Jordan Hall at 8.15. Another performance is to be given Saturday night at Montclair, N. J., so the Princetonians will have to leave on the midnight Friday.

The Triangle Club has had a very interesting past, starting as a small club and giving plays only within the college, and gradually developing into a well-known organization.

At first the productions were limited to some classical plays such as "She Stoops to Conquer," but they became more and more modern until in 1891 they gave "The Gentle Savage," which was written by undergraduates. From then till 1900 the club continued to give plays entirely by undergraduates, but they performed them only before local audiences. In 1900, however, they obtained permission from the Faculty to present their play in New York.

Since then the number of outside performances has steadily increased, but their quality just before the war began to drop off. With the armistice, however, came reorganization, and since then the performances have been remarkably good.