YEARLINGS HAVE STIFF SESSION

Hard Game for 1924 Septet Expected in Andover Contest Tomorrow

In preparation for what promises to be a stiff game against Andover tomorrow, the Freshman hockey team was sent through a hard workout culminating in a scrimmage against the University seconds yesterday afternoon. J. J. Lee scored for the yearlings from a scramble in front of the goal early in the game, putting his team into a lead which it held until the last few minutes of play, when a second team man circled the right wing with the puck, slipped by the one defense man who was back and shot an easy goal. The game ended a few minutes later, the final score remaining 1 to 1. The scrimmage was marked by good individual play but showed that the team work of the Freshmen was not yet smooth. Lee, Louderback and Lamont all exhibited occasional brilliance in the attack, and Lamont was notably excellent in his defensive work, breaking up play after play in mid-ice. Dole performed well at goal in his first day at the position.

Before the scrimmage, Coach Lombard gave his charges a talk on the defects manifested in Wednesday's game, and then sent the forwards down against defense men. The line-up for the scrimmage was: r.w., Louderback; r.e., Phillips; l.c., Lamont; l.w., Lee; c.p., Graves; p., Walker; g., Dole.

It is known that Andover has a good team, over which Dartmouth Freshmen only triumphed by one goal, and strong opposition is expected for the yearlings tomorrow. Cole at right wing was the only Andover man to tally against Dartmouth.

In the second interdormitory game of the season Standish defeated Smith by the score of 2 to 1. H. A. La Farge shot both goals for Standish, while Pfaffman exhibited great strength on defense.