YEARLINGS TO FACE ANDOVER

Louderback and Phillips in Forward Line With Dole in Goal

If weather conditions permit, the Freshman hockey team will meet the schoolboy septet from Andover at 3.30 this afternoon on the Charlesbank Rinks. The Andover team is not expected to offer the kind of opposition awaited from some of the yearling aggregations later in the season, but has in Koehler and Cole a pair of forwards who would be dangerous to any Freshman team. Koehler, who captains the Andover men, was especially brilliant in the recent game against Cambridge Latin, while Cole scored Andover's only goal against the powerful Dartmouth yearlings. In its two important games thus far, those against Dartmouth and Cambridge Latin, Andover has been defeated. Two goals, however, were pushed across against the Cambridge high school team, which had previously held the University yearlings to only one tally, while Dartmouth triumphed over the schoolboys by only 1 point. An interesting basis of comparison is offered by the fact that the Cambridge Latin team, which defeated the Freshmen by a score of 3 to 1, triumphed over Andover to the tune of 5 to 2.

Coach Lombard has been dissatisfied with the work of the goals in the games thus far and is sending in Dole, a second-string man who showed up well in Thursday's scrimmage, to cover that position this afternoon. Louderback and Phillips seem to have won the contested places in the forward line at least for the present.

Due to the weather, there was no practice yesterday, the players being given a complete rest after the game scrimmage of the previous days.