CRIMSON FIVE BOWS TO WORCESTER ENGINEERS

UNIVERSITY MISSES TOLBERT

Showing their superiority in every department of the game, the Worcester Polytechnic Institute five again defeated the University quintet by a score of 36-17, duplicating their victory of three weeks ago. The Crimson team, whose defensive power was greatly weakened by the loss of Captain Tolbert, played very ragged ball and displayed little team-work throughout the contest. The accurate passing game which the visitors played allowed them to tally visitors played allowed them to tally sixteen baskets, and their close guarding forced Coach Wachter's men to try long shots continually and hurry their throws.

The Engineers were slow to start and for the first few moment the Crimson-jerseyed men held the lead, but when Campbell, Tech's speedy right forward, caged two shots in quick succession, the home team seemed to go to pieces. Accurate shooting from the foul line by Pallo enabled the Crimson to keep in the running at the start, but when the first period ended Worcester had piled up nineteen points to the University's eight.

The Engineers started off strongly in the second half and it was not until they had added a half dozen baskets to their score that Coach Wachter's team was able to check them and score again themselves. At this point Feiring caged a neat shot from mid-floor, which was followed up quickly by Fitts, who put one in from the side, but Captain Pickwick and Berry quickly offset this gain.

In the last minutes of play neither five scored, and the shooting of both teams was erratic and inaccurate. In the first half Campbell was injured by a collision with Chase, but resumed play in the last period.

The summary:

Score, Harvard 17, Worcester 36. Baskets from floor, Fitts 2, Pallo 1, Tyson 1, Feiring 2, Campbell 6, Stoughton 1, Berry 2, White 2, Pickwick 4, Whelply 1. Goals from free tries, Pallo 5, Perry 4. Referee, Tower. Umpire, Hoyt. HARVARD.  WORCESTER. Fitts, r.f.  l.g., Pickwick Pallo, McLeish, l.f.  r.g., White, Murphy Tyson, c.  c., Berry Feiring, r.g.  l.f., Stoughton Chase, l.g.  r.f., Campbell, Colesworthy, Whelply