BASKETBALL QUINTET AIMS FOR WORCESTER TECH GAME

Tolbert at Guard, and Fitts at Center, Seem Only Players Sure of Berths for Second Set-to

Putting his men through a short stiff scrimmage and a long drill in passing and shooting yesterday. Coach Wachter started intensive work with his basketball squad in preparation for the game with Worcester Polytechnic Institute on Saturday night. Informal practice was held during the vacation and nearly all the men reported regularly under the leadership of acting Captain J. R. Tolbert '22.

The practice yesterday showed that the men are not playing together, the passing being rather inaccurate and slow. But with hard workouts today and tomorrow, followed by easy drill on Thursday and Friday, the Crimson quintet should shape up well against the Engineers.

Tolbert at left guard and R. W. Fitts '23 at center seem to be the only fixtures on the five so far. S. B. Chase '21 and W. V. Miller '23 are the leading candidates for the other backfield place, while A. E. McLeish '23, T. C. McConnell '21 and J. Pallo '23 are in the van for the forward positions. There is also a chance that Fitts may be shifted to a forward. H. B. Tyson '23 replacing him at center.

In the scrimmage yesterday Fitts was the high point scorer, caging three baskets; he was followed by Pallo and H. W. Holt '21, who got a brace apicee. Holt also made one point from the foul line.

The line up yesterday was as follows: McLeish, r.f.  l.g., Weeks McConnell, Fitts, l.f.  r.g., Egan Fitts, Tyson, c.  c., Holf Chase, Miller, r.g.  l.f., Tishman Tolbert, Hartley, l.g.  r.f., Pallo