ALUMNI ASSOCIATION ELECTS NEW OFFICERS

W. C. Boyden '86, Formerly an Overseer of the University, Chosen President for Current Year--Three Important Committees Appointed

William C. Boyden '86 of Chicago has been elected president of the Harvard Alumni Association for the current year by vote of the Directors of the Association. Mr. Boyden, who is a lawyer, has long been prominent in university affairs, having served as an Overseer of the University from 1911 to 1917 and again from 1918 to 1920. He succeeds Eliot Wadsworth '98, who is Assistant Secretary of the Treasury.

Two vice-presidents were elected at the same time, Frederick Roy Martin '93, of New York, general manager of the Associated Press, and Wellington Wells '90, of Boston.

James W. D. Seymour '17, of Cambridge was elected General Secretary to succeed his clasmate, Edward A. Whitney, who is now as Assistant Dean, while William T. Reid Jr. '01, of Brookline was re-elected Treasurer.

Two important alumni committees have been selected. The committee which is to nominate Overseers of the University and Directors of the Alumni Association is made up of Joseph W. Lund '90, of Boston, chairman, N. H. Batchelder '01, of Windsor, Conn., headmaster of the Loomis School, and Albert T. Perkins '87, of Saint Louis, who was director of light railways for the A. E. F. during the war.

The committee of graduates which is to confer with the Governing Boards of the University on the future method of electing Overseers is composed of Langdon P. Marvin '98, of New York, chairman, E. M. Grossman '96, of St. Louis, president of the Associated Harvard Clubs, Nathaniel F. Ayer '00, of Boston, and James W. D. Seymour '17, of Cambridge, who will be secretary of the committee.

A third committee, to bring to the notice to undergraduates, the activities of the Alumni Association for the purpose of preparing undergraduates for their duties toward the University after they graduate consists of James W. D. Seymour '17, Frederick L. Allen '12, and Edward A. Whitney '17.

Professor John Livingston Lowes '03, recently appointed by President Lowell to represent the faculty of Arts and Sciences, Langdon P. Marvin '98, representing the Harvard Club of New York City, and Emanuel M. grossman '96, representing the Associated Harvard Clubs, served in these capacities for the first time at the meeting Tuesday.